Game Hosting SDK Overview
Version: v0.9.1 (Beta)
All v1.0 features are complete and ready for integration and use. Customer iteration will determine any final changes before labelling as v1.0.
The SDK provides games with the ability to communicate with the i3D.net ONE Platform, for easy scaling of game servers! In order to integrate Arcus into the Game Server itself, you will need to read the following guides:
- Build – How to build and test the repository.
- Integration Guide – How to integrate the Arcus API into a Game Server.
The i3D.net Game Hosting SDK works on Windows and Linux. If you need further assistance after reading the documentation, please file an issue.
- C/C++ v11 library.
- Easy-to-use C API interface for maximum language compatibility.
- Source-only build allowing for "copy and drop-in" of files.
- Supported platforms:
- Windows 10 Pro, Visual Studio 2017 and VSCode
- Ubuntu 18.04, VSCode
The below are not provided or part of current goals. Please add an issue for change requests.
- Testing on Linux distros other than Ubuntu 18.04.
The SDK is made up of code to be integrated into the Game plus additional components that aid in the testing, development and integration.
- Arcus is the library that provides communication between the Game Server and the scaling environment in the One Platform. It is to be integrated into the Game Server. It contains a C/C++ implementation of the ONE platform's Arcus protocol and messages, and provides a TCP server to communicate with the ONE Platform.
- Ping is a library that provides a way to obtain server addresses of the ONE backend and utilities to ping the servers, for use in a game's player client code's matchmaking features.
- Fake contains samples that use the SDK components to aid in integration, development, and testing.
- Tests contains all automated tests for the SDK source.
- Docs contains additional readme files and DOxygen configuration.
Unity engine support is implemented as a plugin which is available here.