Upgrade all Google Cloud Provider VMs to AMD Milan or later
To change your CPU platform, you can only do this with Google Cloud Provider (GCP). In order to upgrade to the CPU platform AMD Milan or later, you must first create a new Virtual Machine (VM) with a new template in ODP. The steps below explain the process.
- Go to one.i3D.net and enter your login credentials.
- Create a new VM with a new instance template.
- After the creation of the new template, i3D.net automatically sends a request in GCP. With that template request, GCP creates a template with the same name. GCP will use this template to create a VM.
- Each name is unique on GCP, so if you want to apply this new template on a name that already exists, you must:
- Copy the name of the existing template.
- Delete the template.
- Paste the name on the newly created template.
- Select the Series N2D in the drop down list.
- Select the Machine type N2d-standard-2 (2 vCPU, 8 GB memory).
- Select the CPU platform AMD Milan or later in the drop down list.
- Click Create.
Make sure that the advanced settings related to the network match with the GCP and the ODP platform.