- Category: i3D.net News
- Date: 26 Aug 2014
- Contact: Rick Sloot - Sales & Marketing Manager
- Telephone: +31 10 89 00 070
The News Room
The i3D.net news room covers corporate news and notifications to our customers.
If you have any follow-up questions related to the articles posted in the news room, please contact your account manager or contact us through the contact form.
DICE has Released the R7 patch for Battlefield 3. This patch addresses the rubberbanding problems experienced in server with more than 48 slots.
We are currently deploying the R7 patch to all servers.
Changelog for R7:
- Server improvements that should decrease rubberbanding
- TDM/SQDM spawn point fix
- 2 crash fixes in end of round
- Fix for connection problem when joining password protected servers
- Removed ‘vars.allUnlocksUnlocked’ once ranked server settings are enforced, this may come back in some form.
Additionally we've been getting a lot of questions about 2 issues in particular.
Setting playercounts: Since release the variable for playerslots has changed from vars.maxPlayerCount to vars.maxPlayers. If you're experiencing issues with getting your server running above the slotcount for a mode (for example your server is stuck on 32 slots rush while you paid for 48). Change vars.maxPlayerCount to vars.maxPlayers in the startup.txt file in the configuration editor.
Second is the players needed to start a server. If you want to edit this option make sure that the players needed to RESTART the server is always set lower than the players needed to start. Failure to do so will result in the settings being ignored.