- Category: i3D.net News
- Date: 27 Oct 2011
- Contact: Rick Sloot - Operational Director
- Telephone: +31 10 89 00 070
The News Room
The i3D.net news room covers corporate news and notifications to our customers.
If you have any follow-up questions related to the articles posted in the news room, please contact your account manager or contact us through the contact form.
As Battlefield 3 gets underway there are obviously some issues that will affect the servers during the first few weeks of launch. Here is a short list of the most common problems encountered so far.
1. The map Teheran Highway has a tendency to lag for players, even though CPU usage is nowhere near it's limits players will experience rubberbanding.
2. The same issue is is sometimes present on Caspian Border, though much less severe.
3. Some players are getting excessive punkbuster kicks on their server claiming it is outdated. If you are affected by this please contact our support department so they can reinstall punkbuster.
4. R5 servers run with a new version of punkbuster. However the punkbuster client has some issues autoupdating. You can manually update your punkbuster through the punkbuster site at http://www.evenbalance.com
5. Server crashes, Servers (especially 64 slot servers) tend to crash once ever 2-3 hours. Once every 5-6 hours in some cases. Unfortunately this is not something we can resolve at this time as this is a software problem that DICE needs to resolve.
We kindly ask that clients keep the issues on Caspian Border and Teheran Highway in mind when putting in lag reports. For any other issues please don't hesitate to contact our support department!
The i3D.net Team
Addendum by EA:
* The game server is not able to run any gamemodes in up-to-64 players mode. Here is the current number of max players:
Conquest - 32 players
Conquest64 - 64 players
Rush - 32 players
Squad Rush - 8 players
Squad Deathmatch - 16 players
Team Deathmatch - 24 players
This will be changed in future server releases.
* There have been a lot of questions regarding join queues and reserved slots. The join queue, and reserved slots with them, are currently disabled while we are weeding out other problems with game servers.
Both will be enabled in the future.
* There are problems with the game server kicking players willfully. The message "You were kicked by an administrator" is a catch-all phrase - it means that the game server disconnected you, for whatever reason (idle timeout, PB kick, real admin kick, ...). We are working to improve in each of the areas, and to get more descriptive error messaging in place.