CDN actions: How to pre-warm
Below you can read how to pre-warm content. You can either choose to pre-warm content though the CDN front end, or using the CDN API.
Pre-warming using the CDN front end
- Log into the CDN control panel: Open a web browser and navigate to the control panel URL. Enter your login credentials to access the control panel dashboard.
- Access Cache Management: Once you have logged in, select the Cache tab.
- Specify content for warming: In the Warm selected URLs field, enter the file names or paths of the files you want to preload. Be sure to add each file name or path in a new line.
- Confirm and initiate cache warming: Review your list of files/URLs you entered to confirm what you want to warm. Click Start warming to start the process.
- Action verification: Once the warming is complete, you can verify its success by accessing the files/URLs. These files/URLs should now load quicklly from the cache, ensuring an improved user experience.
Pre-warming using the CDN API
- Open API: Obtain API credentials (such as API keys or tokens). These credentials will authenticate your API requests.
- Identify content to pre-warm: Determine the content that you want to pre-warm. This could be a list of URLs, assets, or resources that you want to ensure are present in the CDN cache.
- Construct the API request: Create an HTTP request to the appropriate API endpoint.
- Send an API request: Use the HTTP method specified in the CDN's API Swagger documentation. Be sure to include the necessary headers, API credentials, and contact identifiers in the request payload.
- Process the API response: The API call will return a response indicating the status of your request. Check the response for success or error messages.